Logo Winners logo
History Honours League Table Links Match reports Results Scottish Junior Cup Squad Home



Saturday 4 September

Forfar Albion 1-9 (1-4 HT) Whitburn Juniors

Forfar : Gorton, Ferrar(Steel 67), Cormack, Dunn, Cargill, McLaren(Tait 45), Godfrey(Thomson 45), Mutch, Doherty, Watson, Subs: Stewart, Allardyce
Whitburn: Horne, Hamilton, Gunn, McMeechan, Porteous, McGrain(Wilson 64), Taylor, Adams, Martin(Brown 64), Brass, Bain, Subs: Hogarth, Hubbocks

Whitburn were hoping to extend their winning run to 2 games and they did it in style away to Forfar scoring 9 goals in the process. They got off to a great start as with 3 minutes gone Gary Brass had been fouled 25 yards out and, like last week, Jack Hamilton hit the top corner. 3 minutes later they were 2 up when along throw reached Michael Adams at the back post and he thundered a shot past keeper Joshua Gorton. Jordan Bain then fired in a bullet long range shot which was deflected for a corner. Forfar then kept the burnie at bay for a quarter of an hour but then a good long ball out to Gary Brass wide on the right saw him beat his man and drive in on goal before unleashing a shot that Gorton knocked over the bar. The third goal came in the 28th minute after a good move down the left put in Dewi Taylor who wriggled past two men before scoring from 5 yards with a well placed shot. With 12 minutes to go James Martin headed in at the near post from a Hamilton pinpoint cross. Just after Bain should have scored from another accurate square ball from Brass but he ballooned his shot over the bar. Near the end of the half after a long throw a mix up in defence ended with Dougie Horne dropping the ball which allowed David Cargill in and he scored.

Forfar started the second half well and Horne had to be alert to save a header early on. Any thoughts of a comeback were strangled in the 56th minute, however, when Martin got his second as he slammed a Bain cross from close in. Bain set up another 6 minutes later when he found Brass who controlled and slammed the ball into the net from 10 yards. Due to the dominance of his side Tom Hendrie put on Lee Brown to try out his knee and he obliged by heading the ball into the net after 5 minutes of coming on. With 15 minutes to go Adams netted his second when again he latched on to another loose ball and lashed the ball into the goal. 7 minutes later Taylor completed the scoring when a corner landed at his feet and he knocked the ball in from a yard so completing a totally professional performance.

History | Honours | League | Links | Reports | Results | Scottish Junior Cup | Squad | Home