Logo Winners logo
History Honours League Table Links Match reports Results Scottish Junior Cup Squad Home


Saturday 29 August

Livingston United 1-4 (0-0 HT) Whitburn Juniors

Livingston : MacArthur, Trialist, Keir, Laidlaw, Forrest, Govan(Henderson 68), Smart, Damba, Forbes(Trialist 64), Thomson, L MacArthur, Subs: Trialist, Beveridge, Wortley
Whitburn: Horne, Hamilton, McQueenie(Gunn 78), McMeechan, Porteous, Skinner(McGrain 77), Taylor, Moyes, Trialist(Martin 67), Brass, Bain, Subs: Adam, Hubbocks

A horrendous first half was endured by the fans at Station Park, Livingston today as neither team seemed able to pass the ball more than 2 yards. That said, Livingston looked marginally more lively than Whitburn - a team seemingly playing with absolutely no confidence. The best (only) chance in that half fell to Lewis MacArthur who forced a save from Dougie Horne.

Luckily the second half was much livelier though it was Livingston that opened the scoring from a corner following a good save by Horne from Martin Smart but the ball came to Lewis MacArthur who fired into the bottom corner from the edge of the box. Fortunately just a minute later Gary Brass opened his account with a similar shot after a nice move from the centre. 3 minutes later a second goal should have come but the home keeper made a decent double stop, first from a Jake Moyes shot after a neat Brass dummy set him up and then from Jordan Bain who latched on to the rebound. Livingston’s scorer then had a shot easily saved. On the half hour Jack Hamilton picked up the ball in midfield and drove goalwards before unleashing a shot that went just over. Another double save kept the scores level, this time from shots by Brass and Moyes. Then Dewi Taylor totally miskicked a Connor McQueenie cross in front of goal and some of us feared the worst for missing these chances. The worst almost happened just 2 minutes later when a long through ball was latched onto by Thomson but luckily his shot came off the bar. As so often after such a near miss the ball was launched forward and Taylor was flattened outside the box by the keeper – many thought he should have seen red but the referee brandished a yellow. Hamilton took responsibility and his shot went flying into the net giving the keeper no chance. With 15 minutes to go another well struck Hamilton free kick could only be parried at his right hand post by the keeper and Jordan Bain gleefully hit the ball into the net. The game was killed in the 81st minute when the keeper headed out a high through ball from just outside the box but the ball landed at Brass’ feet and he cleverly found the top corner from out on the touchline – a quality finish. A Livi sub had a great chance to get another consolation near the end but he sclaffed his shot and gave Horne hs easiest take of the day.

History | Honours | League | Links | Reports | Results | Scottish Junior Cup | Squad | Home