History Honours League Table Links Match reports Results Scottish Junior Cup Squad Home

Thornton Properties East Region League Cup

Saturday 10 November

Whitburn Juniors 1-2(HT: 0-0) Armadale

Whitburn: D Russell, Duncan(Trialist 75), Tinning, Hamilton, Forrest, Nicol, Henderson, Gunn(Liddell 75), Brass, McQuillan, Thomson(Griffin 68) Subs: Boyle, Wilsden
Armadale: Rooney, C Rodger, Hislop, Doyle, Leiper, Horn(Slessor 45), Kane, Collumbine, Robertson(, Montgomery, McIlravey(Reynolds 76), Subs: McKenzie, Hart

Armadale were visiting Whitburn in a meaningful game for the first time in many years and it was something of homecoming as their manager is Derek Strickland and a number of ex Burnie players were in their midst. Whitburngot off to a bright start as within 7 minutes Andy McQuillan collided with the keeper and the ball fell to Gary Brass whose shot was blocked for  corner. 5 minutes later 8 responded with a shot which Daniel Russell saved comfortably. With 25 minutes gone he repeated the feat, this time from a Callum Robertson free kick. Ross Gunn replied with a decentshot after making good space but x saved well. The best move of the match came on the half hour when Grag Nicol combined well with McQuillan but his shot flew over. Then a good run from Seb Tinning ended in a pass to Brass whose shotwas saved. Roberton tried his luck from 25 yards with 6 minutes to go but his shot went wide. The finalaction of the half saw Brass fouled on the edge of the box and John James Henderson fired the free kick just over.

3 minutes intot he second half a Henderson shot was blocked to Tinning but he shot well over the bar. 2 minutes later a good move involving 10, Willie Rodgers and 7 ended in a shot from 7 which went wide. 10 would be involved again on the hour when he set up 8 whose shot was accurately placed ino the bottom corner. 10 minutes later Reece Duncan went on a great run into the boxbut, as with most of Whitburn’s shots, his was straight at the keeper. With a further 2 minutes gone 10 ws one on one in the box, beat his man and also found the bottom corner to give his side what would become an unassailable lead. Nicol was the next to test x but again, after good work to make the space, he fire another shot straight at x. Whitburn made a double substitution just after but Armadale nullified the home attack. A breakthrough of sorts came 2 minute into injury time when Brass pounced on a loose ball in the box and fird low into the goal but it was too little too late and Armadale thus took control of the table.

History | Honours | League | Links | Reports | Results | Scottish Junior Cup | Squad | Home